• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please give feedback: Car built by Groma Race Fab

redphu72

Found this car in Florida, what do you think? Please add as many cents as you want.

1971 BMW 2002 with 6 cylinder engine and 5-speed transmission out of an '89 325is along with the ecu and Getrag 260 transmission. The motor had a little over 100,000 miles when we performed the swap. All driveline, suspension, brakes, etc were either replaced or upgraded. Additional work includes

1. Fresh head and timing belt

2. New IE clutch kit and IE E30 short shift kit and IE windage tray,

3. Guibo and custom driveshaft,

4. Front and Rear Main seals,

5. E28 Engine Mount and custom transmission mount,

6. All gaskets and typical comprehensive tune-up items.

7. Stitch welded engine bay and added body to frame reinforcement to compensate for the increased torque.

8. We used a 3.91 LSD rear differential from a 320 mated to all new CV joints and half-shafts using Ireland Engineering’s adaptor kit.

9. Custom fabricated new front and rear strut bars (the rear with a battery tray)

10. Custom headers leading into a complete custom 2.5” stainless steel exhaust.

11. H&R springs

12. 15”x6” Panasport Minilites

13. Bilstein sport shocks

14. Hankook tires

15. Euro flush turn signals.

16. New strut top bearings and Ireland Engineering Negative Camber Plates.

17. Ireland Engineering front vented big brake kit with Volvo calipers, tii master cylinder and rear drum cylinders and

stainless steel lines.

18. All bushings to polyurethane from Ireland Engineering.

19. Ireland Engineering’s front and rear sway bars as well.

20. Installed all new steering arms and bushings.

21. Since the Getrag 260 doesn’t have a mechanical speedo output, we used a set of Haneline hot rod gauges that gets

RPM information from the ecu and Speed/Odo information via GPS. There is also fuel, water temp, oil pressure,

and amp gauges. They fit the look of the car well.

22. I opted to replace the stock hood with an Ireland Engineering fiberglass replica.

23. I changed out all of the door and side window gaskets with new BMW pieces that fit and perform well. I also replaced the chrome trim and window squeegees on both the inside and outside of both doors.

24. I fitted a new black carpet kit from Only02 along with a black stock rear bench seat that has good support and

spring.

25. Vintage Recaro recliners with Schroth 4-point harnesses

26. I purchased new door cards from Aardvarc and covered them with black material very similar to the Recaro fabric.

($100)

27. I also covered the stereo console and rear deck cover in the same fabric. I opted to paint the roof of the car black

instead of installing a new headliner.

28. I decided to go with a Suede Sparco 350mm steering wheel and absolutely love it.

29. I have a good condition dash that will go with the car but I haven’t had time to install.

30. I have a complete set of slicks that also will go with the car. I’ve never had them on the car.

31. The body is a ten footer with some flaws but nothing serious.

The car runs awesome. It’s got a lot of power with the m20 and needs nothing mechanically. There is no rust in the shock towers, floor pans, or undercarriage.

post-21265-13667655246135_thumb.jpg

post-21265-1366765524713_thumb.jpg

post-21265-13667655247985_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...