• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 2002 Wood Shift Knob needed

sabot67

Hi, I am looking for a wood shift knob to fit my 1970 2002. Need it to be light colored wood to come close to matching my maple steering wheel. Would be great if it had the BMW logo on top. If anyone knows where I can find such an item or if you have one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

'70 2002

'72 Harley FLH

'90 Trabant

'08 X5

'98 VW Cabrio

Your best bet is to find a woodworking shop that does some lathe (hand-turnings) work. It's not brain surgery, and shoudn't cost alot to have them copy yours in maple, or maybe more readily in your country, European beech. Also light in color like maple, and easy to finish in the light blonde color that you are looking for. Then canibalize the logo and spring clip (or threaded insert) from your old mahogany one. Good luck...

Dave (the furniture designer..) in NC, USA

Thanks for the advice, I see that he has a lot of nice knobs. I am sure that I will find something there.

Just in case someone on the forum has one, I am uploading a photos of the steering wheel. I guess my memory failed me, it is not as light as I thought. In my my mind it was much lighter, perhaps because of the contrast between the dark interior and the wheel. As you can see it is more of a golden color. So now that there are photos, does anyone have anything close?[/img]

'70 2002

'72 Harley FLH

'90 Trabant

'08 X5

'98 VW Cabrio

Okay, I guess I cannot upload a photo to the board without it already being resident on another website. Super. This is too bad as I was going to post today about different issue and photos are absolutely needed to explain my issue. So now I am wondering if anyone out there has advice about where to post the photos so I can then link them into a post on this forum? I am a guy who is not internet savvy nor has the time to be so. Any advice?

'70 2002

'72 Harley FLH

'90 Trabant

'08 X5

'98 VW Cabrio

Okay, I guess I cannot upload a photo to the board without it already being resident on another website. Super. This is too bad as I was going to post today about different issue and photos are absolutely needed to explain my issue. So now I am wondering if anyone out there has advice about where to post the photos so I can then link them into a post on this forum? I am a guy who is not internet savvy nor has the time to be so. Any advice?

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,364661/

Just save the image to your hard drive (if it's not already) upload it to a photobucket account (free - if you don't already have one, create one) and paste the IMG code into a reply.