• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can some1 pls explain diff between H2O and electric choke?(n

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The choke plate is opened and closed by a Bi-metal spring that is wound like a clock spring. The center of the spring is connected to the choke plate shaft. When the spring heats up, the spring relaxes and twist the shaft, opening the choke plate. The water choke uses coolant to heat the spring. An electric choke uses....you guessed it, electricity to heat the spring.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Guest Anonymous

Since the water choke uses actual engine heated water, it may be more "accurate" for emissions.

The electric choke get heated slowly by a fixed current, not based on actual engine temperature.

I think that the electric one would be less hassle since it doesn't involve water hoses and potential leaks.

All that said, i like my manual choke Weber 32/36 and plan to step up to a 38/38 with a manual choke kit in the future.