• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

do not buy this one.

BlindRhino

Item number: 150664950435 on ebay.

I saw this car when it was over here north of Seattle. I know the guy who bought it. He bought it for the spare parts and a sweet motor that the owner had.

Now on to the car. check the pictures he linked to. Look closely at pic 5 and pic 6. They clearly show the buckling from the car being rear ended. The brakes need completely redone. This car is NOT safe to drive more than around the block unless he has redone the brakes, and probably more. It does run and move, but it was trailer hauled to the place I saw it and probably to Spokane as seen in pic 1.

The roof rack is kinda cool, but not sure worth the money. As I recall the guy I know paid 900-950 for it to get all the spares.

Just a heads up if you are thinking about this one.

Russ

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.

Russ is "spot-on" in regards to this car. I bought the car from an "old-timer" in Bremerton who owned a wrecking yard. Car looked good in pictures and thought it might be in better shape than my '71. Wrong. Car did start(barely) and has no brakes what-so-ever. Been sitting for quite some time and has rust issues along the aforementioned rear end damage. I paid $900(included transport) and I sold it two weeks later for the same price. I got quite a few parts with it along with the rights to buy a sweet motor from the owner(currently in the '71).

If car shows up on E-Bay again, maybe $300/350 parts car unless you got "deep pockets". In regards to the roof rack, the "old timer" told me it came off a 53 Desoto.

Steve

Why do you say "do not buy this one"? I don't see where the seller is describing it as much more than a project or parts car. Also it's pretty obvious that the rear has some body issues. His current price of $800 seems fair (although there is a reserve), but even if is sold a little above $1,000 I think the price is okay.