• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belt trim

todd.prout

Its not chrome, its aluminum you can still polish it though. I'm in Murrieta California

Yes, technically it is aluminum...Just as long as it isn't black rubber with a mtl strip in it (aka "belt trim", which obviously doesn't belong on the hood unless there's something I'm missing) then I'm interested. I am planning some bodywork on my '02 soon and was thinking about ditching the belt trim anyway. I'm in Tucson, AZ so we're not too far apart. Let's discuss the logistics via email as I'm not on the forum all that often. eddie119@yahoo.com.

Actually, the black rubber trim is frequently referred to as the 'knee-line trim'.

Yeah, I've heard of it referred to by various other names too. I've just never heard of the aluminum trim around the hood referred to as "belt trim" and wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.

So when one refers to "belt trim", are they talking about the aluminum upper trim or the lower "knee-line trim?" I've been under the impression that the belt trim was the lower trim but perhaps I am mistaken.