• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB:Tii

jb88

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Gary,

I found a '91 318is that I may be jumping on a plane to go look at this weekend. In addition to the advice you've already given, anything else I should be looking for/wary of that you can think of???

Thanx in advance brother.

jB

I'd run a carfax before getting on a plane if you haven't already. I tend to care about things like how long the current owner has owned it, what do they know about the history of the car, why they are selling, and what maintenance records they have. All indicate the owner's commitment to the car, how meticulous they are, and how choosy they were in buying it. You'll probably want to do a PPI (pre-purchase inspection where you take it to a mechanic, hopefully one familiar with E30s) since you are new to BMWs especially. Make sure the seller is good with that--not approving of that would be a huge red flag of course. Make sure to read up on the M42 focum since there is "buying guide" information there on mechanical issues. For obvious reasons, don't tell the seller you are buying a one-way ticket if you are (can always buy a return ticket at the airport if you are almost certain you are going to buy it and it doesn't turn out to be what you expected). I've bought a couple cars by flying to where they were. In one case I bought a round-trip ticket and just didn't use the return ticket (I was about 80% certain I would buy the car in that case--a '74 tii) and in the other I bought one-way (I was 95% certain that time, which was my 318is).

I see private mail isn't a supported feature here. If you can encode a private email address in a reply to this, I can give you more feedback based on this specifics of the car you are considering. I can understand not wanting to share a "find" on a public message board even if it's a different mode.

Gary

Guest Anonymous

If you're still looking for a tii and would consider a project car I have two 1974 2002s. One is a 2002A complete with a decent shell the other is a 2002 tii (complete but rusty) with all mechanicals for transplant into the A shell.

They have been sitting up for about 8 years but both cars ran fine when parked.

Clear titles on both vehicles.

I'd like to sell both as a tii project.

If interested Email southprt@cox.net for pics etc.

Guest Anonymous

If you're still looking for a tii and would consider a project car I have two 1974 2002s. One is a 2002A complete with a decent shell the other is a 2002 tii (complete but rusty) with all mechanicals for transplant into the A shell.

They have been sitting up for about 8 years but both cars ran fine when parked.

Clear titles on both vehicles.

I'd like to sell both as a tii project.

If interested Email southprt@cox.net for pics etc.