• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need diamensions of head bolt locations for M10

Todd21

Hello,

I'm looking for the diamensional locations for the head bolts on the M10. Trying to draw up a torque plate and don't have the loactions for the head bolts.

Please confirm the cylinder centerline location of 100mm. I seem to remember the intake ports are located at 100mm seperation but want to confirm the bores are also located at the same spacing.

I'll be happy to share the drawing once it's done.

Todd

"Common sense isn't common"

Thanks Chris,

I wasn't aware that you could rent one. $150.00 is a little high because my time is free. I'll source some cast aluminum tooling plate and see what kind of cost that will be.

I'd like to do as good a job with the motor as possible, so getting the machine shop to use a torque plate would be a positive step.

I'm still working on that drawing by the way.....

Here's another one:

http://www.cylinderheadsupply.com/bmw-4.html

Todd

Guest Anonymous

I own one of the VAC plates.

If you need any pics or dimensions I can get them next week when I am back at home.

anthony

anaphe@gmail.com

Duh, realized I have the head gasket lying on my work bench ar home. One would have to believe that it would be diamensionally the same.

Anyway I'll finish up the drawing and post it. I'd like to build a few motors so I'll continue with the torque plate projectto keep me distracted whe I wait on parts to arrive.

Thanks for all the good info.

Todd