• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Appliance Old School Wheels 4x100

webthread

I have these old school Appliance wheels for sale, I was going to use them on another car but decided not to so I have had them for some time. These were popular in the late 70's and early 80's on track cars, etc and also on Muscle Cars and Vans. They almost look like a cross between American Racing wheels and BBS. They are in really good shape as you can see from the photos. Let me know if you have any q's, I'm in So Cal and would rather not ship, but would if the price is right. I have lug bolts as well as center caps. These are 13x6.

appliance3.jpg

appliance1.jpg

appliance7.jpg

022.jpg

wheel4-1.jpg

[/code]

1971 BMW 2002 Chamonix

Sorry for the slow response. i believe the offset is 38et, i used this to calculate it http://www.ehow.com/how_5021837_calculate-wheel-offset.html The only thing i got confused with is what width to use, because outside lip to outside lip is 7", but for the math I used the inside lips which measurement is 6" which i think is what most people use.

inside width: 6"

centerline: 3"

backspace: 4.5"

difference: 1.5"

offset/et: ~38mm

As for who's in line for the wheels, how does it work here on the forums? If someone responds first is that like calling "first dibs"? i had reached out previously to quickrsilver who is local to me about his bottlecaps and I would be interested in a trade, but I'm new here and want to be honorable, so please let me know what the protocol is here so I don't step out of line. Or am I being overly concerned?

Thanks, Jay

1971 BMW 2002 Chamonix

As for who's in line for the wheels, how does it work here on the forums? If someone responds first is that like calling "first dibs"? I'm new here and want to be honorable, so please let me know what the protocol is here so I don't step out of line.

Thanks, Jay

I would contact the first to guys. How would you feel being in line. just sayin.

72 Fjord Blue B/S Racecar

2011 335is 7 Speed dct Rocket

In all fairness to Jay, and I don't want to speak for him but he did contact me on a different thread with interest in parts I had available for consideration of his wheels.

Ultimately they are his parts and his call. There are times on this forum where sellers select someone in que because logistically it is less of a hassle in getting rid of parts or more desirable trade etc.

Doesn't make someone a shady character if they opt to sell out chronological order in terms of replies.

Obviously I have something to gain if he sells to me, but I am speaking more of big picture in the decision process sometimes beyond this deal. IHO

Hey guys, I'm just going to go in order here, and I will be more attentive and specific next time in my posts so my apologies to all. akfjord and I have been emailing since the weekend, if he's not interested I'll continue down the list.

I should have stated earlier that I'd like to get $200 for the wheels and center caps, etc. Also, they are not hubcentric so you may want to use centering rings, and may need to use different lug nuts with them.

1971 BMW 2002 Chamonix

Jay,

If you contacted me originally about swapping, how does that all of a sudden, not become a valid inquiry

in terms of sequence of buyers to get the wheels.

There was no e-mail address provided to follow-up off-line. If you are trying to be fair about it.

I never said let me think about it and get back to you. I replied, yes, lets do it.

At a loss at how it is playing now.

Jay,

If you contacted me originally about swapping, how does that all of a sudden, not become a valid inquiry

in terms of sequence of buyers to get the wheels.

There was no e-mail address provided to follow-up off-line. If you are trying to be fair about it.

I never said let me think about it and get back to you. I replied, yes, lets do it.

At a loss at how it is playing now.

I was trying to avoid some drama, but looks like I created some instead. If you'd like to use my ebay feedback as a reference (also under webthread), I believe it's at 100% positive, I'm not trying to be a welcher and was just attempting to follow along with the common practices of the forum. If MKINNA doesn't want them, then let's see what we can do. If we're not able to meet and do business this time, then hopefully in the near future.

1971 BMW 2002 Chamonix

I was trying to avoid some drama, but looks like I created some instead. If you'd like to use my ebay feedback as a reference (also under webthread), I believe it's at 100% positive, I'm not trying to be a welcher and was just attempting to follow along with the common practices of the forum. If MKINNA doesn't want them, then let's see what we can do. If we're not able to meet and do business this time, then hopefully in the near future.

Email replied, Your a stand up guy.

72 Fjord Blue B/S Racecar

2011 335is 7 Speed dct Rocket