• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone know this one

2002dean

I wonder what he wants for it. It's pretty much exactly what I am looking for and it's not too far away.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

I wonder what he wants for it. It's pretty much exactly what I am looking for and it's not too far away.

It's close to what I'm looking for. I really dont want a sunroof and the interior color is not my first choice. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Dean

If I had a choice I would get it with a sunroof in the northeast and I love the int color. And the inka puts it over the top for me. Pretty much a perfect driver short of being a tii and not original color.

Price is getting up there in a hurry though.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

I like it. Not going to bid. Again some crazy bidding behavior on this one. It is daft to bid repeatedly on an ebay item --only bumps up the price and does zero to help you win. The only way to go is to bid very close to the close of the auction. Otherwise it is akin to (but not precisely the same as) bidding in a sealed bid auction where the knowledgeable bidders see your bids but you cant see theirs.

As an example look at the bid history of bidder -***s (*26) -- those repeat bids are completely useless to help that bidder win. The only thing he/she gets is the momentary satisfaction of being the high bidder in an auction that has days left to run. It does help boost the price for the seller and ebay actively encourages this perverse behavior because it increases ebay's premium.

Ask what the value of an early bid represents to you the bidder. The only value is to ensure that there is at least one bid pending on the item so it should not be withdrawn. Can be a low bid. Happy to explain if it would help. Sorry for the rant. Again I'm not bidding on this one.

This comment is not directed to any person in particular -- just an observation that would save buyers $$ and win you some auctions that will slip away otherwise. Good luck however you choose to bid!

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg