• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 BMW 2002 TII Engine for sale (Rebuilt)

bimmerbrando

1972 BMW 2002 TII Complete Engine - $2850 (Salem)

This is a completely rebuilt TII engine out of a '72 BMW TII that I have the title for. Bottom line is I bought this as a project car and didn't inspect it well enough to see the body was unsalvageable. Before trying the body restoration I had the engine rebuilt. The engine is out of the car being stored in a covered garage.

It runs perfectly and has no miles on it. All interior rotating parts are new, rods, pistons, bearings, etc, and the crankshaft was machined. The head has been rebuild and surfaced as well and all the valves refinished, and guides and seals are new. All the machine work was completed by a local machine shop here in Salem. I can show the compression (a perfect 190 in every cylinder) and have a camera that will inspect the pistons so that you can see they are new. I can run the motor for you and am willing to remove the oil pan to show all new rotating parts and the machined crank. The engine has all of the original mechanical fuel injection components. I have not done any work to the fuel injection as it still works very well. I will say that showing you in and around the engine is quite a job so I'd ask you only look if you are seriously interested in the purchase. The engine comes with an attached 5 speed manual transmission that has a new clutch. All hoses and pictured radiator come with the engine.

Please email me with any questions.

Brandongould80@hotmail.com

Thanks again, Brandon

PICS AVAILABLE ON LOCAL CRAIGSLIST AD

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/2422549490.html

I appreciate the interest but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be able to get close to what I'm asking based on the responses I've been getting from people. It's just a matter of lining something up. If you're able to come closer to the asking price please let me know. Thanks, Brandon

• 3 months later...