• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project B-ohM-W Electric Conversion (Update)

I was having problems updating my original project thread, so decided to create a new one for the updated pictures following all of the body work and paint. We still need to finish installing some trim pieces. We decided to black out the tail light trim, lower window trim and kidney grille. I like the look, so we will soon pull the bumpers, mirrors, door handles, and remaining window trim to black them out too.

Next big project is the interior!

Here is the original thread that describes the electric conversion:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,338697/start,0/

DSC04431.jpg

DSC04449.jpg

DSC04437.jpg

DSC04451.jpg

Paint that thing under the rear bumper black so it blends in. Also, more low! Besides that looks good

Thanks!

The silver structure is a battery box where the gas tank used to be. I am definitely going to paint it when we do all of the other black-out paint.

I don't think I'll be able to go any lower though. I'm carrying over 500lbs of batteries in the back and I need the suspension travel otherwise it could bottom out. I'm actually thinking I need to go a bit higher in the back because it's currently sagging a bit.

HOW ABOUT SOME PICTURES UNDER THE HOOD & TRUNK LID ?

WHAT IS THE PERFORMANCE LIKE COMPARED TO A GAS POWERED '02 ?

WHAT SORT OF RANGE DO YOU ESTIMATE .

HOW DOES THIS ONE COMPARE WITH THE ELECTRIC 2002 THAT BMW BUILT BACK IN 1972 ?

Here's an older one from under the hood. I'll post some more recent ones later.

DSC03804.JPG

Paint that thing under the rear bumper black so it blends in. Also, more low! Besides that looks good

Thanks!

The silver structure is a battery box where the gas tank used to be. I am definitely going to paint it when we do all of the other black-out paint.

I don't think I'll be able to go any lower though. I'm carrying over 500lbs of batteries in the back and I need the suspension travel otherwise it could bottom out. I'm actually thinking I need to go a bit higher in the back because it's currently sagging a bit.

Ha, word. I forgot about all that extra weight!