• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know how to identifiy bilsteins?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

All I could find was a little slip of paper on the back side of one that say Bilstein B43 - 118 Any clues as to sport/HDs? Thanks

Kris

Guest Anonymous

banner.gif

URL: http://www.bilstein.com/cgi/cars.cgi?BMW&&1600+2+1602+1600Ti+1802+2002&&66+76

Fron www.bilstein.com:

Make: BMW

Model: 1600-2/1602/1600Ti/1802/2002

Year: 66-76

Blank: SP

Front: P30-0025

Footnote1: Recommended for use if shorter springs are installed.

Rear: B46-0118

Footnote2: "Recommended for use if shorter springs are installed. On cars with coilover rear suspension, some rear shocks allow ride height adjustability."

check the above URL for more info

Guest Anonymous

If they're shot, and you're the original buyer, Bilstein will replace 'em. They can probably be rebuilt. Why don't you just buy a set of replacements?

Guest Anonymous

i hope. i am waiting for rear 350 pounders!!! woohoo!. i'll need a new blader ina week :)

i don't know who rebuilds the bilsteins, but you might want to do custom valving :) if you know the specs

steve

Guest Anonymous

Bilstein NA is in poway...they do the custom valving there.

At Apex we are working on a custom shock that will be PERFECT for 02 coilovers. It isn't as short as the Rabbit insert, or as tall as a stock insert. It is in the middle length of them. :)

Trent