• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my BMW gift. [pic]

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How was it shipped--did they fold it up with nice creases so I cannot frame it or did it come in a tube?

What are the dimensions -- is it as big as the one given out at SC (3' x 4' I've heard)?

Where are you located (zip code) so I get an idea of how soon I can expect mine at zip code 54227?

I was the mintgrun in the row below the text and was not able to make the trip to SC so I am really looking forward to getting the mail today when I get home!!!

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

transitions.gif

Don't hold your breath on the keychain.

I think it was quite nice of BMW to send an unsolicited gift to a group of people, most of whom will never buy a new BMW.

Guest Anonymous

The cover says... "BMW 2002" ... either somebody thought the correlation with the 02 was neat or they just didn't have a clue. I'd guess it was the latter. BMW needs to put one of those posters in EVERY employees' workspace. Maybe I'll try calling again, but poor customer service really gets me PO'd.

Karl

'73 2002tii

'02 WRX wagon aka 'my other 02' (what does BMW have for < $25k that has room for two kids?)

Guest Anonymous

I called to order that poster but BMWNA sent me literature for the new 5-series instead, what the hell?

Maybe the lady on the phone didn't understand me when I said I wanted the free BMW 2002 stuff.

Is anyone but me getting really annoyed these days when you tell people you drive a BMW 2002 and they're all like "dang...must be nice!" Then I point it out and have to explain that no, I'm not a rich fuck and I drive this crappy old car cause I like it...but by then they're just sort of pitying me and usually trying to walk away. Everyone is ignorant.

Guest Anonymous

Last week I got a brochure on the 2002 5-series. Today I came home and found a giant cardboard tube with the poster inside. It's sweeeeet!

I also had a hard time when I phoned to request the poster. When the guy asked me what kind of BMW I had, I told him it was a 2002. He said, "No, what model?" I said, "It's a BMW 2002." He asked, "But is it a 3-series, a 5-series, or what?" I said, "It's a 1974 BMW 2002." There was a long pause, and then the guy just said, "Uh...okaaaaay." He was completely without a clue.

Guest Anonymous

I too discovered the '02 poster in the mail today. Indeed, the poster was delivered in a sturdy tube and is a large format image. Until I can frame it the poster will remain in the tube. I still think that the BMW North America gift is something else again - probably the keychain mentioned before. I called the number for the poster, forwarded a brief story and photo for the BMW Magazine '02 request, and returned the card that was mailed to me as part of the 2002 promotion. New full-line sales literature has floated my way as part of a larger marketing push. Regards...

Mike Kotwick

'74 '02 Malaga

'91 Volkswagen Fox Daytona Red

Guest Anonymous

If I said I had a 1999 Mercedes, of course you'd assume I meant the year 1999. Let's face it. Joe public has no idea what a BMW 2002 is. And especially during the year 2002. I don't really like how some of you guys refer to every person out there who has a brand new BMW as a "rich fuck". I know that sometime in 1973 some "rich fuck" bought my current 2002.

If someone asks me what cars I have I say "I have an antique BMW". Then proceed to says its a BMW model 2002. And if I said I had a "BMW... 2002" I wouldn't get pissed if they instantly thought I had a new BMW. If I had a new BMW (just about any model, 325i to 745i) I would be very proud to own it. I'm sure someone was very proud to own my 2002 when it was new.

Dan Curtis

'73 2002