• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is there a good on-line source for 320 CV joints?(for my 02)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

....there is no way I can use the 2002 inner cv with the 320i output flange, unless I were to drill out the 2002 cvs to accomodate the thicker (not longer), 10mm bolt (vs the 8mm on the 02). Because I want to get new CVs anyway, I figure I might as well get the correct CV for the 320i diff, and save the hassle and possible problems associated with drilling out the smaller holes in the 02 diff. I'm using the 79 CV (later 320 CVs are narrower necessitating too many spacers when using the 02 axles)because it has the same thickness as the 02 CV but is already "drilled out" for the 10mm bolts.

As far as the shafts go, it's my understanding that the splines are the same for both 320 and 02 but the 320 shaft is longer by 7/16ths.

As far as stock spacers go-I didn't know there was such a thing. I thought the CVs were of a specific width for the application and spacers weren't needed.I was going to order spacers through Ireland.

I don't doubt what you say. It's just that it isn't that way on my car. BTW-I didn't come up with this stuff on my own. It was described to me in detail by a board contributer you are familier with, and who is a hell of a lot more knowledgeable about 02s than I. Once I started into the project I found his info to be exactly correct.-Bob

Guest Anonymous

Don't use the 10mm bolts then. Use spacers, then use longer 8mm bolts. Is that so hard?

Check out 2002parts.com

---------

Aircraft grade anodized aluminum spacers (1/4"), $40/pr

Longer grade 8 axle bolts, $1 each (12 for $10)

--------

Trent