• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spamming

hey steve-

somewhat off topic but i'm curious- do you have any idea why some other forums are subject to spamming, while the FAQ is apparently immune?

this morning over at m42club someone started a thread in every single topic pitching some kind of drug-it looks just like e-mail spam.

is it your skill or their failure? i never see that here. they even have a thread called 'report all spammers here'.

it would be cool if you could tune them up.

robert w.

• Administrators

not too sure, but we did implement an few things in the past to prevent spam. Sign up process requires a confirmation. And if you are nto a member, you do have to specify a few things that most bots cannot get.

We do get caught once in a while, bu i try to act quickly and ban the IP and remove spam post.

I had to remove 34 post last week. But we have been lucky.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

well then, the answer to my question is that your skill and diligence as administrator are the difference. thank you very much for maintaining the best forum i've encountered.

robert w.

We do get caught once in a while, bu i try to act quickly and ban the IP and remove spam post.

I had to remove 34 post last week. But we have been lucky.

steve k.