• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Panel Issues

I purchased some replacement door panels from Aardvarc Racing / BMW 2002 Parts a few years ago based on the recommendation of my local mechanic, who installed them for me. The doors never closed properly, and we both thought the issue was the URO seals. When the problem persisted into the third year - well past the point when the seals would have softened - I took my car to a local upholsterer who works on 2002s all the time. I was surprised to learn that the door panels were too wide - in front and in back.

When I contacted the owner (Dave Varco), he said that was impossible, and that I was the only customer who had ever complained. He then acknowledged that perhaps the upholstery fabric hadn't been wrapped tightly enough. The upholsterer had to trim the panels on both ends, then reinstall them. He did not agree the issue was with the vinyl. When I asked Dave to compensate me for costs incurred to make his panels work, he continued to make excuses and refused.

Edited by 74Polaris
Potential buyers should be aware of an issue with these panels before purchasing

• 74Polaris changed the title to Door Panel Issues