• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some follow up work on my sunroof delete using sunroof panel

Follow up post on my sunroof delete using my sunroof panel as the plug for the hole. I had welded about half way the sunroof panel and I needed to finish welding it so I worked on it today. I used a couple of poles to push up where the roof was kind of warped inward along the weld line. My thinking was that since I was going to introduce more welds it would give it a little more support and it worked out to where I am happy with it. I also have seen a few 2002's that had been DIY body worked on the roof and the two body lines had been lost and I needed to figure out a way to make them super obvious so I could massage the sunroof panel to have them as well as to keep them straight throughout the body work process. To do this I spent almost an hour with a straightedge, a ruler and some masking tape until I had them marked very straight on either side of the roof. I then took an angle grinder and a cutoff wheel and ground a line through the existing paint down to bare metal. It helped me immensely when I was pounding them out from the inside of the sunroof panel. All in all it came out good enough to seam seal the whole thing up on the inside then dump some protective paint to keep the rust away until I start the outside bodywork. Next step is to install the two roof supports on the inside but that is for another day. I added a few pictures of the motor I have been cleaning up that I bought from Pdxguy a while ago. I have been healing from a fractured ankle so I wanted to work on something I could do from a sitting position so I spent way too much time with a brass wire brush and about a gallon of citrus cleaner making it pretty again. 

Enjoy!

IMG_8237.jpg

IMG_8242.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

IMG_8244.jpg

IMG_8245.jpg

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

IMG_8248.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg