• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any E21 guys out there? Have most of the parts for an M20 conversion that I need to sell

BarryA

Price: $850

Description:

Have most of the hard to find parts needed to convert a US spec 4 cylinder E21 320i to an M20 6 cylinder as installed in the Euro factory E21 323 models - prefer sell as a package for $850 obo; will separate.  

Local pickup or possible delivery in the Sacramento / SF Bay area only on the transmission; other parts can be shipped at buyer's expense.  I sold my E21 a couple of years ago, and don't plan to buy another one.

• E21 M20 factory front crossmember
  • E21 M20 factory motor mount pylons
  • E28 528e Getrag 265 "big six" overdrive 5 speed with removable M20 bellhousing & shift linkage (fairly rare transmission / bellhousing combination - as far as I know, only used in the 528e and possibly the 524td - bulletproof transmission behind an M20).  This transmission was pulled from a very clean, 130K mile 87 528e several years ago, bench tested, and has been in covered storage since.
    • Please note: this trans is considerably larger than the M20 bellhousing Getrag 245 OD 5 speed used in the factory E21 323, and will NOT fit an '02 trasmission tunnel without significant modifications
  • E28 528e factory alloy rear transmission crossmember
  • E21 "big spindle" struts & hubs (these were used on all 323's as well as 78-80 320i 4 cylinder cars)
  • Set of 4 used Bilstein sport strut inserts and rear shocks

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

• 2 weeks later...

Front crossmember and motor mount pylons are sold

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)