• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 BMW 2002 roundie - 4 speed - new photos - $4500

72_02

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/5938636262.html

Open to offers now.

It's a little more bodywork than I first imagined. The regulars - rockers and front drivers floor need done, trunk floor in parts, and the inner rear wells. It's a 72 on the title but the VIN I am told by BMW is for a late '71. In case of confusion.

I actually have nearly all the metal to replace / repair this stuff, but I'm a horrible welder without a garage. So it's summer driveway repairs for me and it really bugs me I cant fix it easier. Would love to strip down but worried the snow will set in and cause more trouble.

This is all the work I've done so far:

brake stuff:

replaced hard brake lines to calipers from front wheel arches

new flexible hoses all round

new pads + discs on the front + bleed

new wheel bearings

suspension stuff:

new center track steering rod

new ball joints and tie rod ends

new genuine control arms

new front bushes (tension rod to subframe)

engine stuff:

new pertronix ignition (also have spare distributor and pertronix)

replaced most wiring regarding ignition system - soldered and heat shrink on joints

studs and copper nuts on exhaust manifold + new gasket

new distributor housing gasket + o ring

new radiator - coolant was extremely clean which is a nice sign

I then spent 1200 getting the carb rebuilt, tuned, timed. Bloody expensive process, Little Garage in Huntington did a fair job though. Runs a million times better than when I bought the car.

The bad:

Rust on drivers floor pan - I have a replacement from W+N

Rust on both rear wheel towers (I mean when you open the trunk) again, replacement panels from W+N in the box ready to go

Driver's rocker will need replaced

Passenger door skin needs replaced - have a W+N replacement

New Driver's fender in the box from W+N.

Clutch doesn't need replaced but the throwout bearing does. I was waiting for summer before I do this job.

I paid 3500, sunk about 2500 into it and also have a 1971 nose panel (sorry I will absolutely not sell until the car is gone incase I keep going with the project) and I also have a spare 4 speed gearbox.

It'd be a good project if you have a garage! It has a clean title, runs very well, and everything is original and nothing is missing. (Center console comes with car).

If I don't sell it I'll just keep going. Maybe my welding will get better and I find a garage. Car in Long Island near Northport.

$5000 with all spare parts and new parts I have. Most replacement parts are from FCP euro or are OEM. Body parts from W+N but not OEM.

Considering offers!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/5938636262.html

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg