• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bobby Rahal's 72 2002tii completed at "the Werkshop&quo

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've seen at least 20 72-74tii's without cutouts.

You're right many cut this out for timing... but in reality it makes it easier to pull the engine. Can't pull it from above with the intake runners on without the cutout (it's physically not possible).

So just about every tii with that cutout had it's engine out one time or another... and the mechanic was too lazy to pull the intake.

Something to think about......

WH

Guest Anonymous

The Werk Shop had already bought and stripped out a Cali substitute when I offered Bobby's car back to him(after reading an interview in a Brit mag about a year ago). The WerkShop looked at the original and must have advised Rahal he would be "ahead" if they just continued to work on the car they had. Hey, they have to pay their bills too.

That's OK. I'm thinking I ought to restore it to the state it was in when Rahal "bombed" around Ohio while in college. What do ya think?...............

I've already got another "trailer queen" in the garage so I don't think another concours Tii would be productive. Off the record, I think I'd like to leave it in Napa/Sonoma so I have a "transporter" for future purchases..........and enjoy some of those beautiful roads out there.

If you have any suggestions, I'm open to them. Email me.

Guest Anonymous

The car in the picture has Cali license plates. Mr. Rahal lives in Ohio......but there is another car behind it. Maybe that's the one the Shop built for Rahal.

Guest Anonymous

engine easier. I have droped and pulled more tii engines from non tii cars without cutout, cut-out is only about 1 cm of clearace, biggest clearance problem is around distributor.

Who has an original 74tii without cut-out I would be interested to see a picture. Cuts are way to uniform to be the work of lazy mechanics around NA. I don't believe it.

Guest Anonymous

... done in the field on earlier cars. My 5/72 tii with plastic intake runners did not have the cutout; plenty of clearance for timing light. After I switched to metal runners, I realized how important the cutout is for them.