• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Bmw 2002 Turbo Front Air Dams And Flares

TongPhan

Hello FAQ, due to the discontinuation of this product through BMW and my own personal needs for a set for my own 02, I have enlisted a few resources to produce copies of the turbo front air dam and flares. I am having these made by a reputable fiberglass manufacture here in the US and working with very closely with Draco02 for his knowledge and expertise for test fitments and getting these to fit as close as possible to the real thing.

I was told, in order for me to produce these , I would have to make a run of at least 10 sets for the cost to be within reason. No matter what, I need a set for myself and maybe a back up set just in case. Draco02 is in need of at least 4 sets. So that's already 6 sets. I've already moved forward with the production and I'm trying to re-coupe some of my expenses. That's why I'm here on the FAQ to see if anyone is interested.

The molds were made from a brand new factory BMW Turbo air dam and flares provided by Draco02 and he has done the test fitments and adjustments needed for an end product with zero compromise. I decided to work with Draco02 due to his years of experience and meticulous attention to detail.

After a detailed inspection and test fit done by Draco02, the mold for the front air dam is ready to go. The flares are being worked on as we speak and we're looking to do test fits with the flares by the end of next week. We'll be ready to run this batch hopefully in about two weeks from now.

I'm looking for at least 4 more people to cover some of the cost. If you would like to be a part of my group buy, the cost for each set will be $800.00. Packaging and shipping will have to be determined once I get a set back and resource the proper boxes and padding. They will ship out from Southern California.

I'm also willing to separate the sets up and sell just the aim dam if needed since I know there's got to be a few of you guys out there that already have the kits but just need a replacement air dam. Air dams by them selves will go for $350 each and flares $450 a set.

Please private message Draco02 to be put on the list. He will also be able to answer all questions as well since he's the expert.

Below are a few photos of the progress.

This is the picture of the mold.

IMG_5609_zpsafcef923.jpg

Here is a picture of the very first air dam we had made.

IMG_0813_zps984ef97c.jpg

Here it is after primer.

IMG_5861_zps714ad20a.jpg

Here is a picture of the test fit. Myself and Draco02 are very particular about the fitment. We want these to fit as well as the originals do. We've made a few adjustments to this sample and it's ready to go. Just like the factory aim dam, ours will have small dimples for the mounting points so there's no guessing involved. You just have to drill the holes through.

IMG_9240_zps9cf0b2a8.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...