• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off Topic Volvo P1800 for Sale

rcraig

(same company that built the Interceptor, among others) in England. Later P1800s were completely built in Sweden at the Volvo factory.

Correct, Body panels produced by Pressed Steel of Scotland and assembled by Jenson of England hence the P1800 nomenclature. After production was moved to Sweden in 1963 the "P" was dropped and correct nomenclature became the 1800S (the 'S' indicating Swedish assembly). In 1970 the 1800E was introduced (the "E" indicating Einspritzung or fuel injection in German) In 1972 the last model, the 1800ES, a 2 Dr SportWagen was introduced. Thus the P1800 only refers to the early models, and not the entire production range.......

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

From the photos and description, looks like a good buy. Can you get someone that's familiar with the model to take a close look/drive, etc.? The Volvo that's a few blocks from my folks' place is the 1800E; it's in his driveway; I haven't seen the car on the road during winters here and in Rochester, they are salt happy; he does have a car in his garage so the 1800E is in his driveway

Tim

(same company that built the Interceptor, among others) in England. Later P1800s were completely built in Sweden at the Volvo factory.

Correct, Body panels produced by Pressed Steel of Scotland and assembled by Jenson of England hence the P1800 nomenclature. After production was moved to Sweden in 1963 the "P" was dropped and correct nomenclature became the 1800S (the 'S' indicating Swedish assembly). In 1970 the 1800E was introduced (the "E" indicating Einspritzung or fuel injection in German) In 1972 the last model, the 1800ES, a 2 Dr SportWagen was introduced. Thus the P1800 only refers to the early models, and not the entire production range.......

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

In Sweden we call them all P1800. Or tractors with makeup. Well, the latter just some of us..

But the ES is generally called fiskbilen, "the fish car".

And, if forced to chose a Volvo, I´d prefer the 121. In Sweden called Amazon, but that didn´t work abroad. But hopefully I´ll never, ever, have to chose a Volvo.

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.