• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Becker or Blaupunkt radio

tii bimmer

Howdy, the stereo version of a Becker or Blaupunkt is a little harder to locate for early cars as most of the dealer installed kits seemed to be mono speaker units. If you can't find anything here, look on ebay for a Becker Europa Stereo from a 70's Mercedes. And as an FYI, either of these brands will accept a DIN plug for an aux input. I have a Europa Mono in my 1600 and a Blaupunkt Stereo in my 2002 and the Aux inputs are very nice for long trips!

--> 1968 2002 <--

Guest Anonymous

the Becker cassette box which plugs into the DIN input on the back of the radio. Located in Vacaville,CA.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Not all Becker models of the same vintage are the same with respect to the ability to run an Ipod jack out the back The Becker Europa (AM/FM) will accept the jack with no modifications required, whereas the Becker Mexico (AM/FM/Cassette Player) requires modification to accept the jack.

I went the Becker Mexico route. It is pretty easy to source someone to add the jack modification. They advertise on Ebay. While you're at it, have them replace the drive belt on the cassette player and clean the unit/head.

I also had an external fader switch installed (front to rear balance control) that's not pictured here:

2dsjsqw.png