• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need purchase advice

geosar

I have been admiring a neighbors 1976 BMW 200 for the last few years and watching the non-progress on the restoration. It is a 76, no sunroof.

New Paint-12 coats I was told plus a total body restoration from rust. Has never been outside since it was painted.

New standard carpet

New Recaro leather seats front and back.

New wheel and tires-not sure of the brand but they look NOS Alpina style.

Engine has not run in a year or so but should run. Very clean and no leaks.

New weber carb-single I believe.

New front door side panels.

New 3 piece grill

The bumpers are pretty beat up originals. Almost would like to replace them with a pre 1974 style.

He is torn but does not think he will finish it. I don't want to over pay but also want to keep him as a friend.

The glass, interior, dash and trim needs to be installed. That means the seat, door panels, window regulators with glass.

Any suggestions of a price? The car would photograph beautifully with no blemishes that I could see but I am not including photos so no one else gets interested-Haha

Thank you if this is enough to go on. I priced everything out on the internet and it seems pricey.

George