• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subsections?

Noob here -

Started looking for a couple of things in the "02 General Discussion" forum, and quickly found myself a bit frustrated - threads on all kinds of topics in no particular subject-matter order.

Given that many, perhaps a majority, of the threads pertain to some kind of technical or mechanical issue, I think having sub-sections or sub-forums under the general forum heading would help people at least start with threads that are relevant to the general area for which they are searching.

For instance - and this is true only as I write this - of the first 20 threads on the forum, I found:

4 pertaining to engine issues

1 pertaining to body issues

2 pertaining to wheel and tire issues

1 pertaining to transmission/differential issues

3 pertaining to suspension issues

1 pertaining to steering issues

1 pertaining to interior issues

2 pertaining to carb issues

1 pertaining to lubrication issues

4 pertaining to what I'd consider "general" subjects

While it might be overkill to have things divided up by the numerical code used to refer to various parts or maintenance/repair procedures (example: 13 for the fuel system but 16 for the fuel tank), maybe having 10 or 12 fairly broad sub-forums would help (brakes, electrical, engine, cooling, body, wheels/tires, trans/diff, suspension, exhaust, etc).

Just a thought.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive, well-preserved body. You should skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally used up, screaming "WOO HOO! What a ride!!"