• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: driver's door lock mechanism

daveynamja

i was feeling a lot of resistance lately when unlocking my driver's door. then, yesterday i felt a click when turning it and when i pulled the key out, the locking mechanism that the key goes into broke off and it was clearly snapped at the end. does anyone have a replacement part? maybe some instructions on how to fix it would be handy too!

thanks,

dave

I have a 75 I'm parting out. I can get at the door mechanism today. Send me a picture of what you need replaced and I'll see what mine looks like. mudi911satgmaildotcom. Bob

Parting out 2373047, 09/1975 production date, fjord blue, sunroof, with manual.. All running gear and some interor and metal parts available Complete Roof already sold.

PM or email at mudi911s@gmail.com

cool, l'll pull it out tonight. you would need to re-key it, I don't have the door keys. Bob

Parting out 2373047, 09/1975 production date, fjord blue, sunroof, with manual.. All running gear and some interor and metal parts available Complete Roof already sold.

Yep, that one be broken. It just slides in from the outside, but there is a small screw on the inside that holds it all together with the push that opens the door. You will need to remove the door panel and it would be best if you remove the handle. This is done by removing one phillips head screw located along the edge of the door and a 10mm bolt that is inside the door panel. Here's fuzzy picture of the drivers side lock. A good locksmith should be able to rekey to match or there might be something here on the FAQ on how to do it. I could just send you the complete handles for a few more $$..

post-520-1366762781304_thumb.jpg