• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Rebuild, parts suggestions.

I just started the rebuild of my '72 Tii today. I got everything thats attached to the body from the motor removed. Monday i'll be hoisting out the engine and tranny.

Performance Mods i've considered:

cam 284 grind

billet alternator pulley

billet crank pulley

aluminum flywheel(?) will there be rough idle?

setrab oil cooler

crane XR700 electronic distribution

10mm plug wires

blue coil

Supersprint headers

Billet Rockers

pistons (need help on which ones i should get)

billet connecting rods

question: what compression ratio do you think is appropriate?

thanks a lot!!

(2760940) 1972 2002Tii Agave, Supersprint Headers, IE SS Exhaust, BMP SSK, Crane XR3000 w/ MSD Blaster, IE 284 cams, JB Racing Aluminum Flywheel, Seral 13x6

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

While nice you really dont need the billet pieces unless you are racing.

Rockers are way overkill for a 284, 10mm plug wires Just jet new bosch and cut to fit.

Guest Anonymous
While nice you really dont need the billet pieces unless you are racing.

Rockers are way overkill for a 284, 10mm plug wires Just jet new bosch and cut to fit.

eggs ackley why buy billet rods and rockers and you dont even know which pistons youre gonna run??

284 is nothing for a cam---- dont even bother with dual valve springs let alone billet rockers or rods.

save your money on the springs and rockers. I run a 292 with stock and no issues so far. Lots of 60-80 mph runs to prove it. (from Vancouver BC to SLO, CA and back) I did spend the money on balancing and bigger intake valves.

pistons are relative to which head you have. I run 10.25 ish piano tops with shaved head. runs nice on 94, so so on 91. Check the FAQ

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/46/32/

for more piston info or use seach for all the possible combos.

Enjoy the rebuilding!

More power!