• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Turbo on ebay: BIN 24500. It looks like it's been . .

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

injection or motor was pulled and bumped into the ridge with the distributor-cutout, which then was bent and re-bent back leaving paint missing where the metal fatigue occurred and is obvious in your photos where the whole area appears tweaked. What's the bolt for on the front valence between the driver's side hood-hinge and the driver's side headlight bucket? It's not on any Turbo engine-bay pic any of us have ever seen or seen in person. Email me your pics of the left side, especially the left=front. You have my email address. Oh, you state in the description it has 48000 miles and then state it has less than 50k kilometers, which is 31k miles. Which is it?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

...I've owned a lot of 02s over the last 15 years. The current 1972 is my 30th personally owned 1600/2002 and I've helped another 22 get placed in good homes.

I've looked at a lot of cars.

The truth is that the dimples a very, very common. If I have pictures of the burgundy 74 02 modified to simulate an A4S, then i will show you how this car had them. It started off as a shell from an automatic and lived the most gentle life you have ever seen. I think the 74 2002A with 60K documented miles had them also. My current 72 2002 has 156K documented, gentle miles and it has them.

The fact is that it is very common -- and common on cars driven gently. If you owned a 2002 Turbo, could you drive it gently? I don't think so!

As for this particular Turbo, I find it absaolutely gorgeous. I am sure someone knowledgeable in these cars could find a flaw or two, but all the pictures I saw demonstrate how "right" this car is.

I think you owe the owner a kind word. Instead of stating an opinion of the car based on pictures implying it might have damage, maybe the right way to approach this would have been to inquire how common it is to see these dimples. Asking a question is not always stating an opinion and it affords everyone the opportunity to learn something.

Hope both of you kiss and make up because this discussion was interesting, but contained entirely too much flame throwing.

brian