Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

2002 Turbo on ebay: BIN 24500. It looks like it's been . .

33 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Pictures some time make bad things look better than they are...... they also sometimes make things look worse than they are. I've been around classic cars (not just BMW's) for over 30 years and this is one of the best original cars (notice I did not say perfect) from the 70's that I have ever seen. The car has been listed on EBay and is open for any and all critism...... I welcome it as the car is every bit as nice or nicer than shown...... however such a blanket statement about front end damage, without any refernce to it being only your opinion is malicious at best. Statements such as yours left uncontested can become apart of a cars history (for no good reason). Having owned the car for 6 months..... washing, waxing, turning wrenches on it, being in it , on it , under it, give me the abitity to bet the title plus the amount the car brings on Ebay, on the fact the car has never been hit in the front...... not sure what you think you see..... but just because it is not your car and/or you can't afford it.... I ask you to please don't make such definitive statements about something you have never seen in person. I'm a very honorable person from a very honarable part of the US where our word means something...... I will give the car to someone before I'll misrepresent it. If the new owner is not happy with their car then they don't pay and I'll refund any travel expenses to view the car. Please if you have the credentials to back up your assesment of the body damange you claim..... please post them and I'll forward you the travel expenses to see the car in person and then you can report back to the forum...... if in fact your observations are in fact as I believe, idle bulls__t, then please qualify your statements before making yourself look like a fool !!!!!!!

Be Safe, Jimmy

Guest Anonymous

Looks pretty nice to me. If the mechanicals are as good as Jimmy represents them to be then it is a fair price for what turbos have been bringing, IMHO.

Guest Anonymous

....only because I've had dealings with Jimmy before. He's not going to misrepresent this car. Fwiw, I heard about this one awhile ago. It could be one of the nicest around. It will go for a hell of a lot more than what it's at now to be sure. I'm envious.

Guest Anonymous

That defect you cite is not collison damage. Many 02's exhibit stress cracks or distortions in that exact spot, esp. if the were driven hard.

If it was from a hit, how could they straighten all the hard to fix stuff & leave that lip "dimpled", as that would be the easiest part to correct.

I weld in a small bracket underneath those joints, it can't be seen from above but adds strength.

"hit in the front at some point as the lip where the fender joins the nose section by the battery and the washer-bottle is dimpled."

Guest Anonymous

That defect you cite is not collison damage. Many 02's exhibit stress cracks or distortions in that exact spot, esp. if they were driven hard.

If it was from a hit, how could they straighten all the hard to fix stuff & leave that lip "dimpled", as that would be the easiest part to correct.

I weld in a small bracket underneath those joints, it can't be seen from above but adds strength.

"hit in the front at some point as the lip where the fender joins the nose section by the battery and the washer-bottle is dimpled."

Guest Anonymous

Doesn't looked schmucked to me.

Guest Anonymous

That lip that you're talking about can be bent with two fingers and is by far the weakest of the front clip mounting points. I have a '72 tii that I bought from the original owners that looked exactly like Jimmy's, and it came with paperwork and a personal history from day one that said its never been hit. That little wave in the sheetmetal can occur just from opening and closing the hood for 30 years!

You're the original owner of your 2002 aren't you? I can't remember. Anyway, if that area of the front sheet metal isn't bent on your car I would call it lucky. 8-)

Guest Anonymous

Car looks superb. Buyers rating indicates no misrepresentation. I guess I wonder why someone would assume a ripoff right away????Wish I had $25K.....

Guest Anonymous

My personal experience in buying a collector's car from this seller has been that he is a solid individual who does stand behind his word. He had offers and could have sold a vehicle for substantially more $$ than what he promised he's sell to me at. You don't get that from most folks anymore.

My $0.02.

Guest Anonymous

crystal_cove.htm

URL: http://www.e9coupe.com/gallery/crystal_cove.htm

Just need Rob to respray the sunroof panel again and put in the seals. Otherwise, she's a done deal. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Now she's a once-a-week driver that gets covered in my garage! My current project is a 1970 2800cs. I've also recently purchased a 3.0 CSL to keep me busy. You can see the 2800 in the foreground (Malaga) of this link:

Guest Anonymous

a nice drive up north.