• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone set up a VSS on a 2002?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

jeff_in_portland.jpg

I am attempting to put in cruse control in my 70 2002, and it needs an electronic vehicle speed sensor. Any one done this? What is the best way to go?

Thanks!

Jeff C.

70 Granada 2002 Sunroof, Mega-Squirt EFI

66 Turf 2000 Automatic

Guest Anonymous

sticker2002faq1.gif

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/store/index.html

i put the sensor next to the driveshaft on the shifter plate support arm that goes from the bottom of the tranny to the back of the shift plate thing. i drilled a hole and spacered it out with washers so it was within the spec distance from the magnet i placed on the driveshaft. other way to do it is back near the diff, but this way worked fine until the shift platform broke! at the moment i am speedo-less until i can fix the platform... i am planning on going back to the 02 platform and moving the shifter back 3.5" (have five speed conversion and shortened e21 platform)

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

oLB9gHXyuk000sdK1YJ9mdtEzVBBDZ3J0060.jpg

I wonder if I can pick up the universal joint as a trigger wheel. Worth a try!

Jeff C.

70 Granada 2002 Mega-Squirt EFI sunroof

66 Turf 2000a project