• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race brake pads + shoes for stock 2002 calipers + drums.

Rigmaster

Looking for any unused or lightly used RACE compound brake pads + shoes for my '71 ITB prepped track car. Currently running Hawk Blue compound on the front and ???? on the rear.

Ideas, suggestions, etc also welcome.

I am aware of the big brake upgrade options for both front and rear, and I have most of the parts squirrelled away for this, but for now I'm sticking with stock size stuff.

Thanks!!

Bret

www.bimmerworld.com

www.porterfieldbrakes.com

www.ogracing.com

and many other places.

ditch the hawk blues, get something better from hawk or performance friction or porterfield.

if you are racing in ITB, you cannot go for "big brake" system. rules require you to run the STOCK brake system.

I love my porterfield brakes.......;)

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

Thanks for the info guys.

Marshall- I'm less concerned with sourcing front pads than finding decent rear shoes at a decent price- any suggestions there?

Also, what would you recommend as a replacement for hawk blue fronts? Only reason I'm running them now is because they came on the spares box with the car.

Thx, Bret

porterfield makes rear shoes in their r4 and r4s compounds. you can use a performance street compound like the r4s in the rear as the rear brakes are not as loaded up as the front.

on the front, hawk blues are a really old tech compound. shoot for hawk HT10's or Perf Friction 01's. those are not "todays" compound, but not sure the newest stuff is made for 02's/

2xM3