• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 Fest North East @ Lime Rock over Labor Day (Updated)

All,

www.02festnortheast.com

This is our web page and the details are being filled in as I type this. I have been speaking with some people within BMW NA HQ in Woodcliff Lakes, NJ. Due to the weak dollar and slumping sales BMW has not assumed a co-sponsorship roll at Lime Rock.

What does that mean? It means the Chalet over looking the start finish line is currently vacant for that event. Is there enough interest in this event for us to rent the chalet and have this for Saturday and Sunday? I am talking with the track and BMW NA right now to see how much the rental would be. The BMWCCA would not be able to carry the burden. I would seek sponsorship from anyone interested in helping defer the costs of the rental and catering. Please contact me if you have an interest.

What about it guys and gals?? This would make it a two day event and we would need some additional content to fill in Saturday. I am working with BMW NA to find a speaker who can talk about the historic significant of the 02 and it's contribution to BMW....the first speaker I contacted (internationally known in the world of motorsports) was extremely interested but was booked. I am in the process of contacting another (well known)....any other Saturday events or topics you guys / gals would like to participate in?

Please help me fill in the rest of the details. I have a vision of making this a very special event for all of us. Please help me make it happen and support this. I do not intent to move the venue or weekend so if you can't make it this Labor Day weekend, just know we will repeat this year in and year out.

Please contact me either via the web page or at pkuchay@aol.com

Thank you for your continued interest.

Paul

1973 2002 M2 - sold and in Florida

1967 Porsche 911S vintage race car "Ugly Duck" - Sold and staying in Denver

1972 BMW 2002 FIA Gp 2 Replica

• 1 month later...

Okay! We have a formal agenda on the web page. There really hasn't been much of a change to what we were originally trying to accomplish.

www.02festnortheast.com

Camping for the duration of the weekend in an area by ourselves. We have a corral for about 40 cars. There are advance tickets available with free give aways. Please see the web page to buy tickets in advance. There is a user name and password for use to buy the tickets and also receive the giveaways.

We will be there starting Friday afternoon through Monday, however, the official 02 Fest is going to be on Sunday. We look forward to seeing you there!

Paul

Also, the organizers of the event are looking for between six to eight cars to participate in a concourse. If you have any interest in that please let me know in advance.

Lastly, corral parking will be in place for the entire weekend. There are no special requirements other than the fact that you will be driving a 2002.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, sorry it took so long to finally post about this, but here it is nonetheless.

First I want to thank Paul, Daryl, Matt and his crew for everything. These guys made this thing happen...period. The event was amazing and probably the best BMW event I have ever been to. I had a truly great time every minute that I was there. Also it was great to meet everyone.

Here are some pics. I hope to upload a few more soon:

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e299/742002/Limerock%202008/

Again, thank you all for this event and I can't wait until next year,

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Awesome job on the photos and your car Tyrel! Thanks for joining us in the camping area and we hope to see you again next year!!

Best wishes,

Paul