• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey racers, what piston to wall clearance are you guys runni

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A street rebuild will require a tight spec that needs a few thousands of miles to wera out untill the motor works properly. Most racers do not have the time to wait, so they will sometimes have looser clearances. THis way the motor can make all its power sooner, but it will not last as long.

For my race rebuild, I used street clearances. It took me a few weekends before the motor could turn really freely.

Also, if you use forged pistons, they will require more clearance when cold because they expand much more than a cast piston, hence the slapping noise at startup...

Guest Anonymous

Most of the time, the piston manufacturer gives the proper clearance that goes with his pistons. Then you cant go wrong by guessing clearances.

Pat