• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm FINALLY back from the CCo2 drive! = )

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

panviewsmall.jpg

URL: http://www.winnsecurity.com/norcal02

I am 2 for 2 now for attendance, 8)

That was really fun guys, I'm glad you could show- for those who actually did. Unfortuantely two cars worth of people that we thought were coming didn't show. We had 4 cars at the beginning (all roundie 02's) and throughout the drive one by one they peeled away to other destinations. 4 cars is still more than two, which was the case with the last drive. Small gatherings are fine with me anyway, its more homey- and its just the second drive anyway so..

As of writing this ive had a full 12.5 hour day already at ~5:30. Woke up at 5 and left right after 6, arrived at CoffeeTopia at quarter after 8, waited, waited, waited and finally Gino shows up at the set time (9..or around there). Slowly the following 3 cars arrived, then we still gave extra time for the other cars which we halfway expected to show, but they didnt by 9:45 so we hit the road. I dont remember where we went! It was all over the place and a better drive than last time not only by attendance but foggyness. It was still foggy today but not as bad as the first drive. Kind of crappy that today was (slightly) foggy and for the past couple weeks it has been really nice, according to Gino. The fog rolled in last night. We also didnt only drive along the coast this time so the fog wasnt making such an effect, unless you wanted to look really far ahead.

Enough of that, for those of you who came, check in and post here :)

-Justin

2002sig.gif

Guest Anonymous

panviewsmall.jpg

URL: http://www.winnsecurity.com/norcal02

Its no big deal. It woulda been nice but it didnt work out, so thats how it goes. I didnt even know you were thinking about coming after you mentioned an autoX a few days ago that would conflict with this (I think). Gino said you wanted to come, but I thought that was going off an original post a few days ago and hadnt seen the autox conflict. Didnt know till he told me that you had actually emailed him last night. Serves me for thinking I guess! You missed a GT40 replica though, the owner had some serious attention to detail with it.

Maybe next time. We're thinking about putting together a little caravan to head to the BayArea02 Swap Meet in Palo Alto on Oct 11. Holy hell, thats my birthday! I'll be 21 :P Hmm, that MIGHT conflict. Actually its more than a possibility, a probability, but I might get around it somehow. I'll figure something out, hopefully.

Here's that GT40. Massive amounts of money into this, and its still a replica :)

gt40.jpg

-Justin

2002sig.gif

Guest Anonymous

I'll be ready to rip of the streets in the next one-- sorry I couldn't make it since I had to work again, and the car was still breaking in after the four week vacation from the road.

Glad you all had fun.