• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who are the fastest 02s?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, its a total riot. Great commuter car actually. Small, tons of windows so no blind spots, and can accelerate (and brake) instantly and chance lanes in the blink of an eye

crap, best mod? I don't even know anymore. The suspension transformed the car (did it all at once). And of course the m20 makes it haul. But I think the 2 biggest 'bang for your buck' mod's were either the Momo Alpina steering wheel, or the LSD. Orrrrr maybe the seats. I'll limit it to those :)

Matt

'72 02/m20

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

work? lol. there are many components to fast. Funy cars can do a 1/4 mile @ 300 mph, but can hardly turn around . gearing also has a lot to do with top speed achievable. Then there are the aero challenges of pushing a brick through the air. Need to combine times from a drag strip and lap times around a road course. Top conbo would claim braggin' rights. then again: do non M10 engines count? Back to the argument, when does an 02 cease to be an 02 and just an M3 with an 02 shell, or a 3-sumfin with an 02 shell, blah.... Probably the Schnitzer turbo that was built on the M10 that produced 600 hsp for road racing would be the fastest 02 ever. right now, my Sahara gets me to work , when i am late about as fast as anything on the road, even the cabbies who are under " here's a fist full of hundreds- get me to my flight". lol. Tough question with too many variables. I have been in a 2002 tii w/ a S14 2.5L evo engine that has hideous power. But , can it be compared to an M10 ? I will let better minds struggle with that question.... pictures: 2 very quick 2002s w/ M10 engines with some goodies to make them "fast".