Clarion inaugurates the Clarion Builds program with the ground-up restoration of an iconic BMW 2002 - a cult classic that not only proved itself on the track, but established the entire compact sports sedan segment. Be sure to follow the full build of Clarion’s 1974 BMW 2002 at www.clarionbuilds.com.
ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR BMW 2002
- BMW 2002 is a 1974 model year manufactured for the US market
- Originally painted BMW's signature Fjord blue
- Clarion's 2002 is a standard trim model featuring a carburetored 4 cylinder engine and blue cloth/vinyl interior
- The odometer reads 6500 miles - but, since it can only show 5 digits, we're guessing it has eclipsed 100K miles once or twice
- Left the factory in Germany, back in November 1973, headed to its first owner in California.