• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flasher relay, 76, died today. Where now?

Koblenz

So, the blinkers and flasher stopped working.  I inspected tail light wiring and all connections. All good.  Began to suspect flasher relay.  Discovered it so was rusty the innards flew out.

All that said,  where or what do I do for a replacement?  I understand they are NLA?  Is there an aftermarket substitute or mod? 

Mine is a 76 with 4 prongs.  We tried the EL 13 relay.  The 76 has more (non matching) wires than the roundies. Additionally, any current links to a wiring diagram would be helpful.  Googled here but found little of use.post-5-0-59334600-1426634649_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-78920700-1426634738_thumb.jpg

Better pic

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

i would highly recommend the electronic flasher upgrade...you can buy them at auto zone for about $10-$15 and they are super easy to install...search for electronic flasher for the one to use, i forgot but i got the numbers from an older thread and installed them in 2 of my cars that always had self minded blinkers

Edited by esty

Anyone have a roundie and used the EL13 relay?  Initial investigation indicates both the roundie and squaretail use the same relay.  If so I might be able to do the EL13 relay.  More to follow.

i would highly recommend the electronic flasher upgrade...you can buy them at auto zone for about $10-$15 and they are super easy to install...search for electronic flasher for the one to use, i forgot but i got the numbers from an older thread and installed them in 2 of my cars that always had self minded blinkers

squaretail or roundie or is it the same?

Edited by Koblenz

Anyone have a roundie and used the EL13 relay?  Initial investigation indicates both the roundie and squaretail use the same relay.  If so I might be able to do the EL13 relay.  More to follow.

squaretail or roundie or is it the same?

Recently swapped a used squarie relay from my 76 into a 71 stamp-date roundie and it worked fine.  (I still think I might need to do the relay upgrade, just kicking the can down the road for now)    jb

this.  just go to any auto parts store and get a flasher with the same prong configuration.  cheap.  easy.  not "NLA".

2xM3