• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This A Real Tii...?

mo02

Thought I would ask for a quick response, I am not interested in the car--just curious.

1972 BMW tii Vin#2708759

It has a snorkel front-end so....

And link to ad: NMNA

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/4551466524.html

00C0C_60jm9F3Botx_600x450.jpg

Edited by mo02

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay

LHD 2002tii model 71 VINs 2700001 to 2720114 April '71 to Aug '73

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

This car is a non-US spec tii.  US roundie tii's have VINs beginning with 2760001 for both 72 and 73 models.  The changeover from 72 to 73 occurred at 2762630.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

It's about 4,000 or so before mine, meaning it is fairly early.  Mine was from June '72 production.  

It looks to have the earlier head (mine has the E12) and probably had a 3.45.

When mine was imported they had to put an MPH speedo and the side marker lights on it.  

Pretty cool.  Not sure about the rusty-factor, but hey, euro tiis that are golf roundies don't grow on trees.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

It's about 4,000 or so before mine, meaning it is fairly early.  Mine was from June '72 production.  

It looks to have the earlier head (mine has the E12) and probably had a 3.45.

When mine was imported they had to put an MPH speedo and the side marker lights on it.  

Pretty cool.  Not sure about the rusty-factor, but hey, euro tiis that are golf roundies don't grow on trees.

Scott

+1 on that.  Euro or not, '72 tii in golf is a pretty rare bird.  It is more common to see a tii these days with a snorkel vs without, given it isn't possible to get a new nose without one.  Real easy to get rid of the snorkel.  By the looks of it, the "rusty" factor could be an issue. If it isn't too bad, it really isn't an ugly price for the car.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

Thanks for the info guys....

With its original front-end, this would be an interesting find. Still is, and probably a good package.

Maybe an FAQ member can give this one a good home...

MF

Edited by mo02

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay

I'd love to eventually have a Golf roundie tii. My wife does not care for that color but I do!

Jim, you need to remind her how safe you would be in a color like Golf!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am the very pleased new owner of this 1972 Euro 2002tii. It came with quite a bit of paperwork and some pictures of when the car was re-painted sometime in the 80s or early 90s. There is a great pic of where a large hole next to the rear plate was filled from where the rear fog light was installed. I am still sorting out the invoices by date. It is an original golf tii. There was some rust repair done and a full respray. I had a good poke around the underside before handing the seller cash and everything looked solid. Previous owner did the Aarvark 5-spd conversion in the early 2000's, front and rear spoilers, and recently a stereo 'upgrade'. Currently there is a leak in the clutch hydraulics so I towed the car from near Seattle to my home in Riverside county, California on my ramp back car hauler. Got lots of looks and thumbs up down the I-5! Just unloaded it and took it around the block. My second car that I owned back in 1987 was a 74 2002 fjord blue with RUST issues and more. Now about 30 cars later the good (and bad) memories are coming back. Looking forward to sorting some minor issues with the tii and taking it for a great drive up the coast later this summer. 

Ryan

Menifee, CA

2007 Alpina B7

1972 2002 tii

• Like 1