• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello FAQer-Americans;

robspeed

I just wanted to say that Jenna is doing REALLY well. For those who were around back then, you may remember that I had heard that the 7-10 year time frame was what to look forward to as far as seeing advancement on the whole brain-injury recovery situation.

Apparently, brains recover very slowly. But they can recover.

There is a faith element here too. Heavy faith element. I will just say it this way for now, I love my big brother from another mother big-Holy-is-right-on-the-money Jesus "Paycheck" Christ, and his badass larger-than-life father, the big man Himself, Father Upstairs. And the Spirit, He's there, in the paint, close, holding tight coverage and guiding the assist. Yes, I have found God.

We, Jenna and I, are now writing a book about the entire experience. It is going to be epic. And speaking of which, we are going on an epic road trip to celebrate what has gone on and is continuing to go on, this summer.

Patience pays. Persistence pays. Faith pays. We are into Year Nine here, and things are looking *really* good. Thanks for listening, and thanks for your support. There was a time when Cooper and I were literally homeless and when I came to this community to ask for help, I was overwhelmed by the generosity and love we felt from total strangers united only by love, of 02s.

We are '02less at the moment but that will change eventually. My '69 got me through some of the most-acute stages of this journey and I know where it is and that it is in very good hands. If the book is successful, I may be buying it back eventually. At least I will get another like it.

More news coming. Lots of exciting things happening. Life is sweet.

-Rob

• 4 weeks later...

You, Jenna and Cooper have been on our prayer list at church ever since Jenna's accident.  No one can convince me that prayers aren't answered or "don't work."

Cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I post most updates on Jenna's progress on her Facebook page, by the way.

https://www.facebook.com/jenna.shisler

Thanks everybody!  We've got $45 towards $1200 so far, all from FAQ people.  When you can love a pile of metal, glass, rubber and rust, you just know how to love. ;)

Update:  So far we have $205 towards Jenna's e-trike.  THANKS for your generosity.  You know who you are.  The spontaneous generosity of random humans on the internet is amazing.  Anyway, If you wouldn't mind, even if you don't donate, you can help by just "liking" or "sharing" the Fundrzr link on facebook or twitter.  That link is:

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/eV8W4

Jenna's facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/jenna.shisler

on her page you can see her "old" trike which is what I bought her last year before the road trip, but it has been a real challenge to get her used to riding it.  I really think the electric-assisted trike, which is a more utilitarian design than the "cruiser" one she has now, will just be easier for her to use in general.  If and when we raise the funds for Jenna's e-trike, I will donate the existing one to Goodwill.

My facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/PoliticsNerd

I am trying to avoid politics on my page right now even though I am normally throwing it down (the Ryan budget was a direct threat to Jenna's quality of life).  Now you will see a lot of God stuff, ... yeah... Anyway.

Jenna is asleep right now as I type this.  My back has been killing me lately.  I have allowed myself to get WAY overweight... I stress eat I guess.  And this is a stressful job even though from the outside it must look easy.  I wonder what my neighbors think.  Jenna still gets loud sometimes.  She's not the only one sometimes.  Anyway,,,, still getting ready for the road trip.  I think I am going to just start a new blog on a new website to keep track of the new changes that are about to take place.  We are entering an entirely new phase of this recovery.  It has been a lllllloooooooong road as most of you know.  Going on ten years now.  But its going to get really really entertaining and mind blowing so I want to make sure to prepare for what is coming.

Right now I am gearing up to go outside and work on the black car some more, or work on the lawnmowers, or both.  With my bad back I have to get going on pain medicine well in advance of trying to actually go do work.  But if I don't go do work, I will just have worse and worse back problems.  The specific medicine is not a narcotic or anything like that.  It is actually a combination of things that works for me.  But it takes a while to build up in your system and permeate the whatever anatomy down there that is the problem.

Anyway,,,,  Thanks and I'll update more when it happens.  ;)

Got a new blog going.  The old jennaishealed.org site was about to expire so I decided to just start a new one with new Wordpress software. I had wanted to change the site's name for a long time anyway.  The new site is:

www.jennaisrestored.org

Also we are up to $425 on the e-trike fundraising thingie!!  Thanks so much for incredible generosity.  You know who you are. :)

-Rob