• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

euro turn signals

Guest schnelltii

Guest schnelltii

I am trying to install my Euro turn signals but cant get them to work. I noticed on the US version there are two terminals for each wire to go to. On the Euro version there is only one spot for the wire to go to. I tried splicing the wires together, and Ive tried moving one wire to the spring bulb terminals. No go. Am i missing something. Any help would be spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I put the housing back on the fender to make sure it is grounded

Euro turn signals are just turn signals, as the parking lights are in the headlights on Euro cars. DO NOT join the two wires together or you'll really mess things up between parking/tail lights and turn signals.

In this case, archives are your friends.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

My 70 had runnin lights in the euro flats, mounted aft of the turn signal bulb and a very small bulb but they worked, no doubt yours have a mounting hole on the flat piece of the metal that runs the length of the assembly? easy do if not.

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

wired with an extra parking light bulb for the US (only) market. But you're correct, it's easy to add an additional small bulb and holder to a "real" Euro assembly to perform the parking light function.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Guest schnelltii

Now that makes sence. So turn signal wire to the single filiment bulb in existing housing....and purchase a small socket and bulb for parking light. Second wire to that. Ground at fender with mounting screws. I guess i didnt realize that euro didnt have parking light in the housing as US did. Thank you for all your help guys. And yes... archive is deff my friend in this!!

Justt installed euros on my 71. i had a pair of cracked well worn stock lights and housings that had the 2 wire hook up. the socket for the two wire is soldered to the housing and gentle application of heat from a propane tourch convinced them to literall fall out. next i removed the bulb housing fromt he euro and used a dremel to round out the hole to where the 2 connector would slide in with at tight fit to insure a good ground. jb welded the housing in and now have working turn signals and parks in the euros. PO of the euros had wired in a bulb as described above but it did not create enough light to be noticeable much less get by inspection guru. if a bulb of sufficient potency were wired in without having agood place to rest, it might do to the lense what happens to taillight lenses when the wrong bulb is used, ie melt it.

good luck

Gale H

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

I am trying to install my Euro turn signals but cant get them to work. I noticed on the US version there are two terminals for each wire to go to. On the Euro version there is only one spot for the wire to go to. I tried splicing the wires together, and Ive tried moving one wire to the spring bulb terminals. No go. Am i missing something. Any help would be spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I put the housing back on the fender to make sure it is grounded

This thread is the shit!

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,268960/highlight,earl+myers/

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano

• 6 months later...

Ziff73, and 71bmr02.

Great info. Going to use this method to deal with new euro's, as the PO evidently used similar method to avoid 2nd bulb. This was a link provided to me in my request for help on 8/22/13. Dead on. Thanks guys. FAQ rocks.

don

• 3 years later...

Wish I read this thread before I started my conversion. So I decided to just switch the bulb brackets and drill out the 2 piece compression brass rivets from my old American turn signals and the euros. Tried to use aluminum pop rivets to secure the bracket to the lense but realized they won't ground. Looked around for replacement brass rivets but no luck. Any ideas? 

schnelltii,

Here is what a flush Euro unit looks like with the small running light bulb, i.e., the bulb mentioned by Mike in an aforementioned post, in front of the turn signal bulb.  My unit came this way - two bulbs.  Both bulbs work well and as intended.  

Photo:  the units (might need to be enlarged to see small bulb)

Photo:  installed

NOTE:  I used new gaskets.  I had to 3M them into place, tape them in position, and let the 3M do its job for a while in order for the gaskets to be installed.  The final fit was really tight fit 

Larry 

IMG_3998.thumb.jpg.519d316e28298f3d7ea061a30f89a8ac.jpgIMG_4018.thumb.jpg.8e0acb69b139bcab4b7cc518c2886557.jpg