• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DCOE 40 Jetting Recommendation

Shupe

I’m looking for a bit of jetting advice as I’ve recently acquired a set of used DCOE 40’s that were most recently ran on a MM2.1. My ’75 mostly stock (Sthal header and IE exhaust) will require some changes I’m sure.

I’ve pulled the jet inspection cover / top cover and recorded the jets, ect. Unfortunately I’m writing this email while on lunch and don’t have the current configuration with at the moment. I will submit a post with current configuration when I return home.

I understand that this information is somewhat proprietary and many's experience's vary. If I could get into the hunt before buying 10 times the jets I’ll need in the end it would be greatly appreciated. I will be installing a wideband as soon as I receive the exhaust from IE later this week to aid it fine tuning. The car is currently on jack stands while I finish a few other “upgrades”, but hope to start the car by the first part of next week.

-Shupe

Strangely, that chart's not too far off my wild-assed guess-

if you want to really romp on it and aren't too worried about fuel,

32 or 34mm chokes, 130 mains, smallish (160) airs, and a 55 progression.

If you think drivability's important and want to be more frugal than a 38/38,

then the smallest chokes you can find (probably 30's, or 28's)

and 120 mains, 180 airs.

Then buy some flavor of wideband O2 sensor. Single best thing I ever did to

a pair of sidedrafts...

hth,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Thanks for the replys CD and Toby..

Checked my note book then doubled checked the carbs, here's the current config:

Aux Venturi 45

Main Venturi (Choke) 32

Needle valve 175

Idle 65F8

Main 180

Emulsion Tube F7

Air Corrector Jet 190

Starter Jet Ass. 85 F9

Starter Air Jet 180

While i'm not too worried about fuel consumption I don't want it to turn into a 10mpg weekend cruiser. I already have one of those I drive daily.. I would like the car to be a fun spirited weekend driver. That being said, if I stay with the 32 chokes, order a set of 130 mains, 55F8? idle, 160airs, what else stands out as needing attention?

HOLY DUMPER! Can you fit your whole hand through that main jet?

hee

Maybe start with a 125/120 main jet with what you've got.

Do check the float level, too...

hth

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I ran 130's in my old carbs that I sold to Randy Molson. However I think I had 125's in there as they were on my old Volvo last.

My old motor was .010 over euro tii pistons with 121 head and an Isky copy of the 300 cam. Went like stink but would go just a tad lean over 6500.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Thanks for the replys CD and Toby..

Checked my note book then doubled checked the carbs, here's the current config:

Aux Venturi 45

Main Venturi (Choke) 32

Needle valve 175

Idle 65F8

Main 180

Emulsion Tube F7

Air Corrector Jet 190

Starter Jet Ass. 85 F9

Starter Air Jet 180

While i'm not too worried about fuel consumption I don't want it to turn into a 10mpg weekend cruiser. I already have one of those I drive daily.. I would like the car to be a fun spirited weekend driver. That being said, if I stay with the 32 chokes, order a set of 130 mains, 55F8? idle, 160airs, what else stands out as needing attention?