• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SO, you think that "While Im At It" wont happen to

Meintii

Well, so did I. I promised myself that I would not get sucked into this dangerous phrase. Luckly, I dont have enough money to everything I COULD do "while Im at it" :)

How much of the front end do you have to take off to change a headgasket?!

IMG_0965.jpg

All because of this...

IMG_0967-1.jpg

Some times you just have to laugh.. the fact that this nose panel was BRAND NEW 4 years ago, ago its ALREADY rusting!?! thanks paint shop.

Long story short, im going to re-paint the engine bay and inside of the nose panel the right way!

The point of this thread is to see what kind of "while I'm at its" have YOU got yourself into? Please Post pics!

-Zac

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

spending most of the weekend welding a small but difficult to repair rust hole at the junction of the toeboard, driver's floorboard and cowl side.

In the military we refer to that as "mission creep."

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I bought turbo flares.

Take a look at the blog link in my signature to see where that led me.

Damn dude!

Do you think you could email me a picture of the part of your rear bumper where the side piece connects to the center section? Do you have euro seam covers on there? im looking for a pic w/o them ;)

Sorry to highjack my own thread.

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

I bought my 69 2.5 years ago. The PO had it on slashed lowering springs. It was so low, one day backing it out of my driveway I scraped so bad it knocked the transmission off its mount. That was 2 years ago this month. Since then I have:

Torn down and rebuilt the suspension with all new bushings, shocks, and springs

Took out the sticking front calipers, master cylinder, and front left hard brake line and replaced with a massive sport brake kit, steel braided soft lines, new hard line, and 320i MC

Moved the battery to the trunk

Refreshed the cooling system and installed a 320i radiator

Rewired then took out my carter electric fuel pump and went with a m30 mechanical fuel pump

Rewired all the lights in the rear of the car

85amp alternator upgrade

Electric push fan upgrade

... and I'm in the process of rebuilding my heater box, and rebuilding my differential to take out the welded spider gears

All started out to just raise the car up a bit so it didn't scrape on every bump in the road

1969 2002 - Tanya

Zac, you may as well make that a non snorkel Tii nose "while you're at it".

And, while you're at it cut out those fenders so you can properly fill the space those Turbo flares created... like this...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,338970

And..... and... :b...

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Zac, you may as well make that a non snorkel Tii nose "while you're at it".

And, while you're at it cut out those fenders so you can properly fill the space those Turbo flares created... like this...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,338970

And..... and... :b...

you wrong for that!

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

the fact that this nose panel was BRAND NEW 4 years ago, ago its ALREADY rusting!?!

90% of painting is in the preparation...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

90% of painting is in the preparation...

t

Yea the retard paint/body shop that I took it to to weld on the new nose didnt primer it or anything, they just painted right on the factory coating that the nose came with. So yeeeeeeeeeeeeea.

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg