• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Such a nice 2002

twinturbo

Hello David.

Beautiful vehicle you have there.

I think you'll find the crowd a little friendlier here and interested in the originality and standard equip. & options or features of the car.

We want to learn or gain as much knowledge as we can get of your special edition.

We don't see them often or even euro models in this condition over here.

The BAT crowd is not usually as pure as we are here & seems to not take the car for what it is and would rather talk about how the price is too high or tell everyone your not going to get what you want for it.

Very nice vehicle. Good luck with the sale.

I did see the factory options. That's the first thing I saw with the first quick scan I did of your pics. Nice.

I agree with Jim. It does deserve a write up before it disappears for good.

The great orange book, 02 series, The Cult Car references this model on page 86, No tiis were made as they were stopped in 74.

Not sure what the "cult" book says, but tiis were made thru' July '75 (LHD) and Oct '75 (RHD).

Good luck with the auction.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

As far as having a clock - I figure it was an elegance thing where a clock is more important than a tach, who knows how they did things there.

The tach was optional (clock was standard) on the Euro-cars. The radio and A/C units were installed at the point-of-sale dealership.

By the time the square taillight cars came along, the USA-spec cars all had tachometers (except possibly the automatics) as "mandatory options."

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

As far as having a clock - I figure it was an elegance thing where a clock is more important than a tach, who knows how they did things there.

The tach was optional (clock was standard) on the Euro-cars. The radio and A/C units were installed at the point-of-sale dealership.

By the time the square taillight cars came along, the USA-spec cars all had tachometers (except possibly the automatics) as "mandatory options."

Delia

As far as I know, all the '02s in the UK, except Automatics, came with a tach standard. Of course, Britain is not Europe!

All of the 8 '02s I have owned (before coming to the US) had tachs. Two of my previous 02s were bought in Germany.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Delia

As far as I know, all the '02s in the UK, except Automatics, came with a tach standard. Of course, Britain is not Europe!

All of the 8 '02s I have owned (before coming to the US) had tachs. Two of my previous 02s were bought in Germany.

It's Italian. Who knows really?

The window sticker would tell the tale. And if tachometers were, at the time, considered extra-cost options, then there would be an upcharge for it.

Early USA spec cars had a window-sticker listing and price for a tachometer. The clock was "standard," even if they all came from the factory with a tachometer.

Can't say for sure re: the Italian, UK, or "World Cars."

By the time you get to the end-of-run special edition cars -- particularly for the Italian market -- your guess is as good as mine.

D

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

This car is amazing! I am amazed at the discussion going on about it. It is getting our memories uncloged and sharing with the newer 02 crowd. I have been around 2002's for 20 years and i have learned at least three new things just from this post. I am not sure if I will ever use what I have learned here again but it has been fun. Again, thanks for sharing the car and the information!

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, first post. I learned to drive in a brand new 1972 malaga 2002. My dad traded it in for a brand new metalic aqua 73 when it had 69000 miles on it. That got traded in at about 50K for a brand new white 75 auto. Bottom line is I have lots of drive time in three brand new 2002s. They all looked showroom perfect when we traded them in, usually with about 10 times the mileage that this car has. I wouldn't think paint and trim would go bad on a car that's sitting in a garage. My guess is that it must have been parked outside at some point in its life.

• 1 month later...