• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Clean 1968 BMW 2002 Modified

jmaxiv

Yeah, that probably wasn't your fault, He was saying that it would be "given to a couple of kids to drive into the ground" and that some teenagers "like to park by feel."

I have seen that alot at my daughters school. I wish I had a buck for everytime I saw a kid hit a curb or open the door and hit the car next to them. it is worse than Wal Mart parking lots.

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

Hey, are you from New York? ;-)

Did u scroll down a bit and see this one?

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,337665/

Good luck with your search. I suggest you relax a bit re this forum; it's the best one on the 'net for 2002's and you will find it invaluable for advice once you find the right car. Meanwhile I'm waiting to see your enthusiasm.

By the way, we're all friends here. If you read the forum rules you will see that posters are supposed to use their real names. You may find friendlier responses if you do so.

Cheers,

Ray

I don't get it. This is an enthusiast site right? So how bout we let a little optimism & enthusiasm creep in... Now sell me your car or tell me about the one your neighbor has tucked in a storage locker...

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

James,

I dunno, man I read your post and all I can come up with is that a guy is asking for an old B.M.W. to bond with his sons?

Best of luck with the hunt!

Jon

67 2000 Tilux.

66 2000 Tilux.

67 1600 6-volt.

71 Straight 2000 , last NK I ever drove, her right hand shock tower totally fell apart on April 1st 1990! This is no joke!

82 320I

87 535IS, my beloved ''Giesella" that I've had for 16.5+ years.

I can tell you now, the best thing to do is just buy a 69- 73 tii and restore it. My dad and I bought an 76' when I was 13 (22 now) and Im still doing things here and there. I drove the car when i was 13 and still today. Make it a project, cause i can tell you now, and not burning you, but projects are fun. so attempt them. add the mods yourself and you will further respect the machine that we enthusiast call the 2002.

nothing against you and your wishes. and I have the respect of you and joining our world.

Burning Rubber never felt soo good

I can tell you now, the best thing to do is just buy a 69- 73 tii and restore it. My dad and I bought an 76' when I was 13 (22 now) and Im still doing things here and there. I drove the car when i was 13 and still today. Make it a project, cause i can tell you now, and not burning you, but projects are fun. so attempt them. add the mods yourself and you will further respect the machine that we enthusiast call the 2002.

nothing against you and your wishes. and I have the respect of you and joining our world.

Burning Rubber never felt soo good

Now sell me your car

Ok.

$3500. 1969. Atlantik.

Mostly stock motor, msd 6AL, 2 quart accusump, VDO tach and odd little progressive shift light. There's an oil cooler up front, but it's not currently

plumbed. 32/36 carb with manual choke. At this price, you get a 38/38 too,

but it needs a rebuild.

IE coilovers and adjustable top mounts, ST 21/19

bars, urethane rear bushings, 325 in/lb front springs, 250 rear

Bils Sport all 4 corners.

5- speed conversion, 3.9 lsd, 77 320/Volvo front brakes,

320i rear drums.

Wheels- choose any 2 sets of Western aluminum, Fittipaldi 15's, bottlecaps,

stock '69 (ish) 320 mesh, and probably some I've forgotten. You'd

want to get tires, tho...

Rust- of course. More than you'd like. It's starting to show in a few spots.

Except for the trunk lid, where it's blossoming... But it comes with a

spare mostly rust- free lid that'll need paint.

Paint- 10 year old PPG Concept single stage. Which is to say, it's

oxidizing, but will still polish up with some work.

It's in Seattle. I drive it to work most every day, except when I need the truck.

A few more details. 320is wheel, couple of useful gauges (oil pressure & temp)

the heater fan worked, but the plastic housing has failed. You get the

project of replacing it (again, new housing included)

And I forgot- it's had the rear spring perches replaced at some

point in its life.

There you go!

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Its cool that you're willing to start a project with your kids - personally, I think having your sons work on the car is a great way for them to learn respect for vehicles.

Something to consider - early Roundie's tend to have more "rare" parts than the later Roundie's. Things like long neck diff's, single circuit brakes, etc. are becoming harder to find and more $$.

A later Roundie ('70 - '73) will be easier to modify (likely cheaper too) since there are more sources for parts and (arguably) a better knowledge base.

Not trying to say your idea of a '68 is wrong - just wanted to point out some possible challenges.

HTH

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

Brakes and rear end have already been converted to late model, mostly new parts.

SS

[quote name="02nut"Something to consider - early Roundie's tend to have more "rare" parts than the later Roundie's. Things like long neck diff's' date=' single circuit brakes, etc. are becoming harder to find and more $$.

A later Roundie ('70 - '73) will be easier to modify (likely cheaper too) since there are more sources for parts and (arguably) a better knowledge base.

Not trying to say your idea of a '68 is wrong - just wanted to point out some possible challenges.

HTH[/quote]

Scottie Sharpe

68 2002 Mikunis Ireland coilover e12/e21 brakes

88 Dinan M5 stage 4 M88/3 conv, Miller MAF, B&B, 3-pc Fikses 17x9fr, 17x10rr, Racelogic traction and launch

Webmaster for http://bmwturboperformance.com

Do you www.bmwWikiWiki.com ??

• 11 months later...