• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CUP HOLDER SOLUTIONS?

mo's72tii

Any creative locations for cup holders? I am looking at locating one in the center shift console before the parking brake.

I am looking at using a pop out one from a newer 3/5 series out of the front dash.

Pixs would be helpful.

Here is the one from the rear seat of an e36. I think it could be mounted in the center console.

post-17459-13667620657016_thumb.jpg

post-17459-13667620657888_thumb.jpg

post-17459-13667620658739_thumb.jpg

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

I've found that a 12 oz can in a thick foam coozie fits just right between the e-brake handle and the side of my Scheels.

Having learned to drink and drive in a '69 Beetle (no cup holders either) I mastered the art of shifting gears without not getting my crotch wet early on.

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

Paul is right. It's best to get your crotch wet later on.

Here is one that is sold as a "soft cup" for about $5 at auto parts stores. It has a clip and hook that can be attached with a trim screw. It's a great size for drink cans and bottles, cell phones, etc.

cupholder.jpg

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Try a Camelbak attached to the back of your seat, and the tube going directly to your mouth. What works for bikers should work for 02ers ...

http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/hydration-packs.aspx

Dieter

• Haha 1

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

I found a cup holder that folds up and flips out on Amazon a while back.

Haven't gotten to it yet but i was going to attach it to the passenger side of the console.

I LOVE the audi idea though. nice work.

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

Try a Camelbak attached to the back of your seat, and the tube going directly to your mouth. What works for bikers should work for 02ers ...

Not if you are a roadie. :^)

I use my bike water bottles and wedge them between the seat and the parking brake handle.

I was also able to find a small cooler that fits right behind the drivers seat.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

if you're looking for serious functionality, here's the way to go.

IMG_3716.jpg

I like the cluster mounted on the passenger side floor, it's very different yet high tech.

Adore that minimalist look for the shifter too...

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin