Sign in to follow this  
JohnN

M20B25 Engine ---- SOLD

5 posts / 1160 viewsLast Reply

Hey folks,

This was pulled from a 1989 325i and had about 130,000 on it.

I was building a dedicated track car, but have too many projects and insufficient time to complete the work. When the engine

was out, I replaced the timing belt, water pump, injectors, rear main seal, pilot bearing and replaced the headbolts with the later

"stretch" style. I also cleaned up the engine and painted it a nice gloss black with high temperature engine paint

The engine now has a VDO oil pressure sender (gauge+idiot light) and oil temperature sender.

This engine has a throttle body modified for use with a MegaSquirt (TPS and intake air temperaure).

I just ran a compression test, cold engine (as in stone cold). Exhaust manifold in place, all spark plugs removed, throttle body open.

#1 ----> #6

165, 150, 160, 150, 165, 160

I'd prefer not to ship, but I could probably put this on a palate and ship via Freight.

$550 obo, located near Portland, OR.

Thanks!!

John N

No wiring harness since I stripped everything out that wasn't needed for a MegaSquirt. Otherwise everything from the flywheel forward.

If you're going to go Motronics, you'll need an AFM, a new throttle body and all the wiring bits.

I also replaced one of the water temp sensors (IIRC it was open/closed on the M20) with one that gave the MegaSquirt the coolant temp.

Drop me an email john dot nevius at gmail dot com

John N