finkbuilt

MS Ignition advance map

8 posts / 1384 viewsLast Reply

Does anybody have a nice ignition advance map that they are proud of and would like to share?

I have Tim's map in my hopped up engine (9.5:1, 292) but I am about to install EDIS into a stock motor, and thought that somebody might have another map that I could try out. Otherwise, I will just go with what I have and tweak, or maybe try to replicate the factory curve, but that is so much work ;)

you can email it to:

steve@finkbuilt.com

Thanks!

Hey John,

I'd be interested in having a look at it, too, if its not too much trouble.

I just used Tim's map (9.5:1, stock cam, mildly ported E12).

How's the 2000's MS conversion coming?

So far, I have the trigger wheel in. :)

I've been working the bugs out of the 5 speed swap.

At first, I will just be running EDIS, no fuel control. That's why I was asking for an ignition map that was known to work well with a stock motor. (4 door has stock pistons and cam). But I'm sure that between Tim's and John's, I'll be good.

I want to use the early E21 manifold, because it looks more period correct, but it seems like kind of a pain to convert to "normal" injectors.

I just used Tim's map (9.5:1, stock cam, mildly ported E12).

How's the 2000's MS conversion coming?

So far, I have the trigger wheel in. :)

I've been working the bugs out of the 5 speed swap.

At first, I will just be running EDIS, no fuel control. That's why I was asking for an ignition map that was known to work well with a stock motor. (4 door has stock pistons and cam). But I'm sure that between Tim's and John's, I'll be good.

I want to use the early E21 manifold, because it looks more period correct, but it seems like kind of a pain to convert to "normal" injectors.

Email me offline. I'm playing around with the same manifold and I may have a solution for you. Clay dot weiland at gmail

Hey John,

I'd be interested in having a look at it, too, if its not too much trouble.

Colin, shoot me an email