Sign in to follow this  
Jersey

Headlight Help!

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just went out to make a store run and I noticed my headlights would not work. All other lights are working I gave the high beams a try and they came on. Where should I start ? Blown bulbs in the headlights themselves ? Fuse issue ?

swap over one of the 3 relays on the driver side fender well--see if that changes things---scoyote

okay, I kept having problems with mine! I dont have a really good answer because they fixed themselves by me messing around. The first time, I messed around with the brights switch and they finally came on. The second time I swapped my instrument cluster and accidently disconnected a wire that goes right behind the ignition key hole and when i plugged the wire back in they worked. Maybe its one of those. I have no idea but thats how mine now work,

headlights, and in fact don't even have fuses!

Do a little diagnostics: did the lights work yesterday? Have they been intermittent previously? It's unlikely that both bulbs blew simultaneously, and since the high beams work, that rules out bad grounds at the headlights themselves.

My first suspect would be the high/low beam column switch. Try cleaning with a little tuner cleaner--after of course checking the wires. IIRC your car has separate wires plugged into the switch vs a multi-prong plug.

Next suspect would be the headlight switch itself--but if it was bad, the high beams wouldn't work.

Let us know whatcha find--I'm betting on the hi/lo beam switch...

cheers

mike