Sign in to follow this  
mickth

Solex to Weber question

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

So, I am thinking about converting from the solex to the weber. I know the 32/36 DGAV is what I need. What about the exact DGAV? There are other numbers after the DGAV. Which numbers would I need?

mine says 44k after the DGAV made in the 80s in Spain. This might not help at all depending on where the carb was made.

DGAV is just a designation for the water choke and that's all you need in my opinion.

Thank you. Isn't there a designation that has something to do with the orientation of the linkage? Like clockwise vs. counter clockwise rotation? Maybe not.

much less trouble than either the water or electric version, IMHO.

If youre replacing a 2 bbl Solex, you'll need to plug the water hose nipples and install a manual choke cable, but neither is difficult.

cheers

mike

If you own a '76 in California, or if your State is fussy about approved replacements, you may need a model that's approved by the C.A.R.B. (Calif. Air Resources Board). The Weber K8205 kit is one of those.

Also, decide how you want to handle the air filter housing and crankcase vent before you buy the carb.

Thanks everyone. I've found one that is a DGV-5A ????? According to the weber site, it just means manual choke.