snow here today

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

thansk be to God for awd,winter tires and subaru

oh and trappist beer

I hear ya.

Subi or the Jeep. Jeep's squirrely.

Fresh winter meats on the Sube. I was running studded till the cops made me take them off. Subi just hit 38.000 miles. Still has a few winters left in it yet.

Not many miles left on the old guy next to it...

nt

100_0178.jpg

I was running studded till the cops made me take them off.

You seem to live in a rural area where studs are an asset. Any reason from the cops to require removal of your studded tires?

And yes, Subaru over Jeep.

apparently you have the snow (we don't get that here)

My Wife has a Subie, it's nice, makes her happy.

Beer with a cork in it, now that is what makes me happy.

4323045050_d145da69ea.jpg

Hi Lee,

Yes we should be able to use them especially when we have the inch of rain that freezes solid or the road commission does not take care of the roads & tell us no money so drive slow and careful.

I ran them for three years but this year I got caught. It is against the law to use studs in Michigan only emergency vehicles can run them. They say it tears the roads up.

Michigan is the worst for repairing their roads and we have potholes that swallow most of your tire so I don't know how studs can do any worse. We allow major trucking routes that do most of the damage and the state taxes all heavily but spends it elsewhere not on the roads.

It is so bad we have radio stations that have pothole reports so they can forewarn folks the sections that are going to cause front ends being ripped out at high speeds.

I'm sure some of the Detroiters will chime in as they have some nasty roads down state.

We give the potholes names similar to micro brew beer or favorite fishing holes since they each have a personality of their own.